Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Remember Samer Alshaibi


This site was created for the friends and family of Samer Hameed Alshaibi (born October 2, 1977, died May 1, 2006) to celebrate his life and his memory. Your comments and stories are very welcome here.

Below are some photos of Samer in chronological order:



Thursday, September 2nd, 2004
from Samer's journal (http://fascistprincess.livejournal.com/)

I say both of these surahs(verses) before I go to sleep every night, along with one other not listed, three times. There are other things done before sleep not listed, though. And although it is a harsh sound, I am blessed to hear the loudness of their whispers. Well then let the cowards crawl and the snakes feast.


(Bismil-lahir-rahmaanir-raheem)
In the name of Allah, The Beneficent, The Merciful
Say: "I take refuge with the Lord of the dawn,
From the evil of what He has created,
And from the evil of the dark night when it comes,
And from the evil of those who blow on knots,
And from the evil of the envious when he envies."

Surat-al-Falaq 113
"The Daybreak"

(Bismil-lahir-rahmanir-raheem)
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful)
Say:"I take refuge with the Lord of Mankind,
The King of Mankind,
The God of Mankind,
From the evil of the slinking whisperer,
Who whispers evil into the hearts of mankind,
From among Jinn and Mankind."

Surat-al-Naas 114
"Mankind"






May 1, 2006, from Usama Alshaibi, Samer's older brother:

He died today. He was with his wife and as she tried to help him he looked up and left us. He was pronounced dead when they brought him to the hospital.

He suffered with many health issues. He just completed his parole. He died a free man.

I loved my brother and I tried in my way to help him. We had some really great talks last week. He was working on his clothing shop and he said he was looking forward to seeing my movie. We made plans to meet in the future for dinner.

My brother had a razor tongue, fire in his heart and eyes for angels.

You will be missed dear Samer. Goodbye sweet man, God be with you.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

P. really nailed it when she described Samer's spirit and natural charisma, which makes it all the more difficult to accept that he's gone. Samer had a ferocious appetite for life along with its accompanying dark side. Often, creativity and destruction exist as uneasy bedmates, and I always hoped one day to see Samer conquer his personal demons--I think we all did. But he lived a wild and full life. He loved and was loved, he lived more lifetimes than most men twice his age. I will always honor him for that. To Sarah and the Alshaibi family, my thoughts are with you.

Anonymous said...

Porochista, thank you for this. It was beautiful and you discribed him as he was. I remember him saying, you are the girl with poor in your name twice. I love you and Samer does too.
Sarah

insectdeli said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

i count my self as the first (in age) among 12 cosins.
10 of them are americans and two unfortuned ones are iraqi, me and my sister.
i lost one cousine without even seeing him. lets hope to see the others while still standing

Anonymous said...

In rememberance of Samer, a poem by eecummings titled: I carry your heart with me.....

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear;and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)
i fear
not fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)

Anonymous said...

I never met Samer, but have heard a lot about him from his sister Mayasa. I pray that he finally has a chance to rest and watch over his family as they go on. I also want to say that it is nice to read the beautiful comments about Samer, he was loved!
laura G.

mrmonkey23 said...

I was deeply saddened to just read about Samer's death. I haven't seen him in many years (he was probably in his mid teens the last time I had the pleasure). Samer was always a fun kid to have around when I was growing up and hanging out with his older brother. He had a great sense of humor and a lot of insight for someone so young. I'm sorry to hear I won't get to see him again.

My love and condolances to the Alshaibi clan.

Steve Stwalley