Wednesday, May 17, 2006

From Samer's brother, Usama and more pictures

It has been over a week and Samer's death is still resounding heavy in me. But the sensation is pleasant. I feel my brother's passion in the air. Samer was filled with an intensity and fire that will never stop burning. He is in all of us. He reminds me of my past, of our religion, of God. Samer is light and dark swirling all over his shadow and words. How can I say anything?
I felt his peace as he departed. In some half-waking dream I embraced him and we kissed Iraqi style and we said goodbye.
I remember how his coffin was in front of all the men kneeling in prayer. He would have liked that.
His body lies in peace and with God.
I thank you all for your kind words and for thinking of Samer.
Please remember his spirit and smile with love and enjoy this brief beautiful life.
-Usama Alshaibi (May 9, 2006)









No comments: